At Kadir Has University, people work together in harmony regardless of their differences in race, language, gender, sexual orientation, religious practices, skin color, nationality, belief, disability, age, and opinion. At the university, any form of discrimination or harassment by a worker, administrator, consultant, guest, student, visitor, or goods and service provider, including those outside the university, will not be tolerated.
Employees and students have to respect individuals’ rights and differences, following their rights and obligations arising from the law during their activities. All kinds of behavior constituting or supporting discrimination, either directly or indirectly, are prohibited. Prohibited behaviors are:
- Unwanted verbal, physical or sexual approaches, inappropriate physical contact, propositions or touching,
- Threats or intimations that an employee or student’s employment, advancement, wages, grades, or other activities may be negatively affected if they do not submit to sexual advances or harassment,
- All kinds of degrading comments regarding a person’s opinions, body, appearance, or lifestyle-related to that person’s race, sex, philosophical or political ideas, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other protected category of that person,
- The display of obscene or discriminatory (in terms of race, sex, citizenship, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other protected category) via graphics, caricatures, paintings, or photographs. It does not include those for educational purposes,
- Comments, obscene stories, and suggestive verbal expressions concerning someone’s race, sex, citizenship, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other protected category,
- Regardless of the department, any relationship of a physical or emotional nature which arises between any faculty member and a student or a supervisor and an employee at the university that could lead to any favoritism and is not open to comment by others,
- Verbal attacks,
- Mobbing: Mobbing is a particular type of bullying behavior carried out by a group rather than an individual. Mobbing is a person’s bullying or social isolation through collective unjustified accusations, humiliation, general harassment, or emotional abuse.
No employee, applicant for employment, student, or member of the public shall be subject to restraints, interference, coercion, or reprisal for action taken in good faith to seek advice concerning a sexual harassment matter, to file a sexual harassment grievance, or to serve as a witness or a panel member in the investigation of a sexual harassment grievance. Acts of retaliation violate this policy and will be investigated and adjudicated accordingly.
Malicious and False Accusations
A grievant whose allegations are found to be both false and brought with malicious intent will be subject to disciplinary action by law number 2547, the Higher Education Disciplinary Regulation concerning Administrators, Instructors, and Staff, and the Higher Education Regulation Disciplinary regarding Students.