The Purpose of Turkish Folk Dances
- Turkish folk dances are one of the major components of Turkish folklore and tradition. It is a social science that studies the traditional games, dances exhibited in villages and towns as well as the traditional costumes. Turkish citizens constitute the basis of Turkish folklore. Therefore, the term folklore is referred to as Turkish folk dances.
- It aims to spread our folk dance, which symbolizes the cultures of different regions of our country, to the whole world.
- Unfortunately, our core values are being lost day by day; therefore, it aims to convey our folk dances, which reflect our self, from generation to generation and prevent being forgotten.
- Turkish Folk Dance, which constitutes one of the major branches of Turkish traditional culture as it carries the common feelings of our citizens, is among the elements that make up the bonds of being a nation. Our Traditional Folk Dances have been the most colorful and effective means of socialization in terms of its formation and richness of expressions among all types of performing arts involved in all kinds of social activities.
- It contributes to the strengthening of friendship, fellowship, solidarity feelings among students as well as national pride and enthusiasm, national unity and solidarity among those who play in addition to keeping our cultural values alive, spreading and popularizing them and transferring them to generations in the most accurate way.
What is Folkhas?
Our club is a large family consisting of 55 people, devoted to traditional folk dance. Working hand in hand, we are becoming a bigger and stronger team every day.
As of June 1, 2017, we have started our Folk Dance activities within our University Folk Dances Club.
We rehearse 2 days a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, at the KADIRHAS University Cibali campus.
As Folkhas, we have been representing our university for two years in the "Inter-University Folk Dances" competitions.
For the first time in our country, we are organizing the Khas Dance Festival, where both folk dance and Latin dance teams take the stage at the same time.
Our performances consist of teams performing Kırklareli region, Black Sea region, Aegean region and Eastern region folk dances.
We held our first show at the KADIRHAS University graduation ceremony on July 1, 2017.
On January 14, 2018, we held a potpori demonstration of the Black Sea and Aegean region dances with a team of 35 people for 2 days at the University.
- To introduce, endear and teach folk dances to the students who join our club, in line with the above-mentioned purposes,
- To represent our school in international and domestic activities and events,
- To ensure that the students joining our club work as a team in unity and solidarity.
- Respect and devotion
- Being “Us”