Kadir Has University Policy Against Harassment and Discrimination
At Kadir Has University, people work together in harmony regardless of their differences in terms of race, language, gender, sexual orientation, religious practices, skin color, nationality, belief, disability, age and opinion. At this University, any form of discrimination or harassment by a worker, administrator, consultant, guest, student, visitor or goods and service provider, including those coming from outside of the university, will not be tolerated.
During their activities, employees and students have to respect individuals' rights and their differences in accordance with their rights and obligations arising from the law. All kinds of behavior constituting or supporting discrimination either directly or indirectly are prohibited.
- Unwanted verbal, physical or sexual approaches, inappropriate physical contact, propositions or touching,
- Threats or intimations that a employee or student's employment, advancement, wages, grades or other activities may be negatively affected if they do not submit to sexual advances or harassment,
- All kinds of degrading comments regarding a person's opinions, body, appearance or life-style related with that person's race, sex, philosophical or political ideas, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected category of that person,
- The display of obscene or discriminatory (in terms of race, sex, citizenship, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected category) via graphics, caricatures, paintings or photographs. This does not include those for educational purposes,
- Comments, obscene stories and suggestive verbal expressions concerning someone's race, sex, citizenship, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected category,
- Regardless of the department, any relationship of a physical or emotional nature which arises between any faculty member and student or supervisor and employee at this University that could lead to any kind of favoritism and is not open to comment by others,
- Verbal attacks,
- Mobbing (Mobbing is a particular type of bullying behavior carried out by a group rather than by an individual. Mobbing is the bullying or social isolation of a person through collective unjustified accusations, humiliation, general harassment or emotional abuse.)
No employee, applicant for employment, student, or member of the public shall be subject to restraints, interference, coercion or reprisal for action taken in good faith to seek advice concerning a sexual harassment matter, to file a sexual harassment grievance, or to serve as a witness or a panel member in the investigation of a sexual harassment grievance. Acts of retaliation are a violation of this policy and will be investigated and adjudicated accordingly.
Malicious and False Accusations
A grievant whose allegations are found to be both false and brought with malicious intent
will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with law number 2547, the Higher Education Disciplinary Regulation concerning Administrators, Instructors and Staff, and the Higher Education Disciplinary Regulation concerning Students.