Prof. Dr. Başak Baysal, Dean of Faculty of Law at Kadir Has University, has been elected as a member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Legal Science (IALS) by unanimity of votes. The IALS was established in 1950, to promote the development of legal science throughout the world, by using the comparative method. The Association operates under the auspices of UNESCO and of the International Social Science Council, of which it is a founding member.
Stating that the prominent figures of Comparative Law are among the members of the IALS Executive Committee, Prof. Baysal underlined that being a member of the committee for the second time is extremely important and a point of pride for a scientist working in this field. Baysal said, “We will get to work on a corporate level for the development of cooperation between KHAS and IALS in the future,” and thanked Prof. Dr. Ergun Özsunay, who presented her to IALS, Prof. Dr. Sjef van Erp, the Secretary-General of IALS, and the members of KHAS Faculty of Law for their support.
Other members of the IALS Executive Committee are as follows:
- Prof. Dr. Nicolas Cornu Thenard (France): Secretary-General, Société de Législation Comparée
- Prof. Dr. Michele Graziadei (Italy): President, Società per la ricerca nel diritto comparato
- Prof. Dr. Máximo Langer (USA): President, American Society of Comparative Law
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Michaels (Germany): Director, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law
- Prof. Dr. Evgeny Popos (Russia): Vice-President, Russian Academy of Legal Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Olha Cherednychenko (Netherlands): Professor of European Private Law and Comparative Law; Director, Groningen Centre for European Financial Services Law
- Prof. Dr. Xiang Gao (China): Dean and Professor of Law, College of Comparative Law, University of Political Science and Law
- Prof. Eleni Moustaira (Greece): Professor of Comparative Law
- Prof. Dr. Monika Pauknerová (Czech Republic): Professor of Private International Law
- Dr. Jorge Sánchez Cordero (Mexico): Director, Mexican Center of Uniform Law