Due to the fact that face-to-face education is a significant risk for our students, academicians, administrative staff, and all our stakeholders in the fall semester of 2020-2021, in the meeting held on 07.09.2020, the University Senate has decided that the educational activities shall continue according to the following principles during the 2020-2021 Academic Year Fall Term:
• The theoretical courses and practical training will be held remotely over digital media.
• The manner of the upcoming final exams will be further determined according to the pandemic conditions and announced separately.
• Students will be permitted to freeze their registration free of charge based on their request.
• Senior students in their graduation year, who take the applied courses over digital media during the pandemic, will be entitled to retake the same courses free of charge in the future semesters.
• The master's and PhD thesis defense exams, doctoral proficiency exams, the master's and PhD thesis proposals and progress meetings, applications related to the forthcoming theses, and project studies shall be held under formal education conditions by taking necessary precautions against the corona virus. For the graduate students in the risk group shall be organized online by the responsible instructor the relevant exams, meetings and project studies; and the faculty members in the risk group shall also conduct the thesis defense exams, qualification meetings and project applications online.
Click for further information.