Participation in the Graduation Ceremony
Students who have completed the requirements for graduation at the end of the Fall and Spring Semesters of the 2018-2019 Academic Year, and those who have not completed the graduation requirements at the date of the ceremony but need a maximum of 15 KHAS / 20 ECTS credits to graduate, can attend the ceremony.
The students should be first-time participants to the Graduation Ceremony.
Dear Graduates/Graduation Candidates,
Before the Graduation Ceremony on June 29, caps and gowns will be distributed in the Haliç Hall at the Kadir Has University, Cibali Campus from 17- to 21 June 2019, between 10.00 am - 01.00 pm , 01.30 pm - 04.00 pm for graduates who are sure to attend the ceremony.
The cap and gown will be delivered for 30 TL per person, which will not be refunded after the Ceremony. It is kindly requested that the payment is deposited to the following bank account number beforehand and the receipt is presented in the Haliç Hall while receiving the cap and the gown.
AKBANK UNKAPANI BRANCH
Branch Code: 050 /Account Number:38843
IBAN: TR12 0004 6000 5088 8000 0388 43
Explanation: The payment for cap and gown
- - All students must be present at the ceremony area at 12:30 pm at the latest. Late students will be regarded as absent, and their names will not be readout on stage.
- - All student families are kindly requested to be present at the ceremony area at 13:30 pm at the latest.
- - We would like to kindly remind all the participating family members of our students that the seats in the sitting area ARE NUMBERED. Entrance to the venue is limited to the invitation cards. Each student can invite 4 people.
Graduation Ceremony, Program of the Ceremony
- - The Volkswagen Arena entrances will be divided into STUDENT ENTRY and FAMILY ENTRY gates. Students, using the entry gate assigned for them and following the signs, will go to the meeting area behind the stage and inform the Research Assistants, present in the area designated for the related faculty/school/institute, of their arrival.
- - Each student should have his/her name checked and marked in the Research Assistants’ lists and take the label bearing his/her name and put it on the upper left of his/her robe, under the collar.
- - The student who has had his/her name marked off by the Research Assistants and received their label must not leave the meeting area under any circumstance.
- - Each Department’s students will be organized back to back in pairs according to the alphabetical order of their surnames. At this stage, students will be reminded once again that they should not leave the area where they are gathered. (Please follow the instructions of your Research Assistant teachers.)
- - During entrance of each faculty / school / institute into the area, at the very front there will be an attendant with a banner carrying the name of the relevant faculty / college / institute; behind him/her will come the professors of the related Faculty/School and behind them the students grouped according to their departments and organized back to back in pairs according to the alphabetical order of their surnames.
- - Students will enter the Ceremony Area, together with their professors, through the doors at the two ends of the stage, accompanied by music, and walk taking into account the banner carried by the attendant student in front of them and following this attendant student, salute their parents and get seated at the chairs designated for them in the ceremony area.
- - First the professors of the related Faculty/School will be seated and behind them students of the same Faculty/School will be seated grouped according to their departments and, in the alphabetical order of their surnames.
- - After the ceremony begins, students will go up the stage in the order of their seats and will receive their document from the dean of their faculty. Each student will go down the stairs that are placed opposite the stairs he/she went up and be seated at his/her chair.
- THROWING CAPS IN THE AIR
- - Each student who goes up to the stage and gets his/her document will go down the stairs that are placed opposite the stairs he/she went up and be seated at his/her place.
- - At the end of the ceremony, a vow will be read from the lectern and at the end of the vow, the graduates will altogether throw their caps in the air.
14: 00- Beginning of the Ceremony- One Minute’s Silence - National Anthem
14.05- Speech by Nuri Has, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees
14.10- Speech by Can Has, the Chairman of the Kadir Has Foundation
14.15 - Speech by Prof. Sondan Durukanoğlu Feyiz, Rector
Awards presented to the top three students and graduation speech
Submission of 2018-2019 Graduation Certificates
THROWING CAPS IN THE AIR
Volkswagen Arena: Huzur Mah. Maslak Ayazağa Caddesi (Huzur District, Maslak Ayazağa Street) No:4A 34396 Sarıyer / İstanbul
Volkswagen Arena, located within the UNIQ ISTANBUL complex in Maslak, can be accessed via four routes: D100, TEM, Büyükdere Street and Kağıthane Cendere Road.
M2 Yenikapı - Hacıosman line - ITU Ayazağa Stop: You can reach the Volkswagen Arena with a ten-minute walk from the ‘Plazalar’ exit.
You can easily reach the Volkswagen Arena by using the Beşiktaş - Ayazağa minibuses.
You can reach the Volkswagen Arena by getting off the IETT buses listed below at the Tuğla Fabrikası (Brick Factory) Stop.
41C: Ayazağa Village - Sarıyer Line
41E: Ayazağa Village - Kabataş Line
41M: Ayazağa Village - Mecidiyeköy Line
48L: Göktürk Village - 4. Levent Metro Line
41AT: Ayazağa Village - Davutpaşa YTÜ Line