9th Annual Kadir Has Awards
02 January 2013 - Wednesday
The Kadir Has Awards, which are granted to individuals and institutions, are given every year in the fields of science and education as well as culture and the arts. Individuals and institutions can apply for themselves or nominate candidates, and the evaluation committee may also recommend candidates.
2013 The 9th annual Kadir Has Awards Regulations
The Kadir Has Awards are granted in memory of the university’s founder, Kadir Has.
The awards consist of a certificate and a monetary award. The 9th annual Kadir Has Awards for 2013 will be given in two categories: “Outstanding Achievement” and “Promising Scholar.”
- Awards will be given to individuals or institutions actively engaged in work
- Individuals or institutions may apply for the award for themselves or nominate candidates
- The evaluation committee may also recommend candidates
Criteria for individual and institutional candidates:
- Candidates who have made significant achievements, achieved national or international acclaim, contributed to the welfare of society and contributed to the development and publicity of Turkey are eligible to apply for the Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Candidates who demonstrated the potential to attain national and/or international acclaim have brought or to bring new developments or points of view to their field and are under 40 years of age are eligible to apply for the Promising Scholar Award.
- Applications must include: a resume; a text about the history and activities of the institution; a cover letter prepared by either the candidate or authorized person from the institution; and, any other supporting documents. Application documents must be submitted in both hard (print) and soft (CD) copies.
- Applications must include a photograph, as well as address, telephone and fax number, and e-mail.
- Applications which do not fulfill the above criteria or are submitted late shall not be taken into consideration. If mailed by post, the postal date of applications must not be after the final date for submissions.
- Previous recipients of the award, members of the Kadir Has family, and personnel at the Kadir Has University are not eligible to apply.
- The decision of the Award Evaluation Committee is final and objections may not be made.
- Applications must be submitted to the General Secretariat of Kadir Has University (Kadir Has Campus, 34083 Cibali / Istanbul) by March 4, 2013.
- Results and the date of the award ceremony shall be announced on our website (www.khas.edu.tr) for both recipients and the public.
$20,000 for Outstanding Achievement Award and Certificate
$10,000 for Upcoming Scholar Award and Certificate
9th Kadir Has Awards Evaluation Committee:
Prof. Dr. Mustafa Aydın, Kadir Has University Rector
Prof. Dr. Şükrü Hanioğlu, Princeton University Faculty Member
Prof. Dr. Gökhan Hotamışlıgil, Harvard University Faculty Member
Prof. Dr. Cemal Kafadar, Harvard University Faculty Member
Prof. Dr. Hasan Bülent Kahraman, Kadir Has University Vice Rector
Prof. Dr. Gülsün Sağlamer, Member of Kadir Has University Board of Trustees
Prof. Dr. İlhan Tekeli, METU Professor Emeritus