Civil Society in EU-Turkey Relations: The Role of the Media
The Center for International and European Studies (CIES), in partnership with the Corporate Social Responsibility Association of Turkey (CSR Turkey), and Asia Minor, held panel discussion on “Civil Society in EU-Turkey Relations: The Role of the Media”. The objective was to explore how media have and can play a role in maintaining the relevance of relations between Turkey and the European. The event took place on Wednesday, 7 March between 10:30 and 12:30 at Kadir Has University’s Galata Hall.
The panelists included:
- Zeynep Göğüş, Journalist, Writer, Former Head of Akajans Brussels Office; Publisher of Euractiv.com.tr; Lecturer, Istanbul
- Barcin Yinanc, Journalist, Hurriyet Daily News, Istanbul
- Eylem Yanardağoğlu, Assoc. Professor, Faculty of Communication, Kadir Has University, Istanbul
- Fehmi Gürdalli, Head of Foreign Desk, Haberturk, Istanbul
- Sevda Alankuş, Professor, Faculty of Communication, Kadir Has University, Istanbul (Moderator)
The Event was open to the general public. Its proceedings held in Turkish.
You may see the event video here.