Civil Society in EU-Turkey Relations: The Role of NGOs
The Center for International and European Studies (CIES), in partnership with the Corporate Social Responsibility Association of Turkey (CSR Turkey), and Asia Minor, held a panel discussion on “Civil Society in EU-Turkey Relations: The Role of NGOs”. The objective was to explore how NGOs have and can play a role in maintaining the relevance of relations between Turkey and the European Union in their capacity as civil society actors. The event took place on Wednesday, 21 February between 13:30 and 15:30 at Kadir Has University’s Galata Hall.
The panelists included:
- Bülent Özcan, Director of Project Implementation, EU Ministry of Turkey, Ankara
- Tezcan Eralp Abay, Director, Civil Society Development Center, Ankara
- Erdem Vardar, Chairman, YUVA Association, Istanbul
- Gül Günver Turan, President, Turkey-EU Association (TURABDER); European Movement-Turkey, İstanbul
- Serdar Dinler, President, CSR Turkey, Istanbul (moderator)
The Event was open to the general public. Its proceedings held in Turkish.
You may see the event video here.
You may see the event report here.
Press Coverage of the Event
AB Bakanlığı Proje Uygulama Başkanı Özcan: Türkiye-AB ilişkilerinde STK'lar sürecin gizli kahramanlarıdır (Director of Project Implementation of EU Ministry of Turkey Ozcan: NGO's are the secret heros in Turkey-EU relations) (Turkish)
22 February 2018